Usernames and password change
Usernames and roles
Activate the username
GS1 Finland has created a user ID for all Synkka service main users. If necessary, the main user creates usernames for other users of the company.
The user receives a username activation link via email. Activate the username as follows.
- Click on the activation link in the email. The link will allow you to activate your username and change your password. Please note that the activation link is only valid for 14 days.
- Click the username activation link and change your password.
- Click the Continue to Website button to open the UI login page. Enter your email address (the same address to which the username activation link was provided) and the password you just created. Then click the Sign In button.
When entering your password, please note the password requirements below:
- At least 6 characters
- At least one capital letter (A-Z)
- At least one number (0-9)
- No special characters
Create a new username
The main user role has the rights to create usernames. To create a new username, go to the User Management section in the top menu.
- Open the User Management section of the top menu and click the New User button
- Give the new username a role. There are three roles to choose from. The permissions for each role are described below the role.
- Main user
- Next, fill in the mandatory information marked in red
- Select the language of the user interface, Finnish and English are available
- Receiving confirmations by email is optional. This selection can be left blank. Only when the user wants to receive CIC confirmations by e-mail (eg warnings and error reports from other product databases) is this item selected.
- Finally, save the information
The system sends an e-mail to the new user containing the username activation link. The link allows the new user to activate their username and change their password.
The user can change their own password if it is forgotten. The password is changed from the Reset Password link that appears on the login page.
The main user has the right to delete usernames. We recommend deleting all IDs that are no longer used, e.g. people who are no longer employed by the company. Also, be sure to delete the storage service ID if you end the collaboration.
User IDs are managed in the User Management section of the user interface. To delete an ID, select and then press the Delete button.
GS1 customer service opens the rights to the supplier's Synkka database. The supplier should send a request to GS1 Customer Service. The request cannot come through the outsourcing of product and image entry service.