Logistics costs are evaluated to account for nearly 15% of the turnover of businesses, making logistics a considerable competitive asset. Supply chains are expected to be punctual and transparent and reduce emissions as much as possible.
The digitalising logistics chain is influenced by several standards developed by GS1, making the processes cost-efficient and transparent. The GS1 standards for individualisation, identification and sharing information enable a transparent supply chain from the source all the way to the end customer. The standards also help enhance the internal processes of businesses, such as warehousing and production.
Global standards support exports
As Finland is highly dependent on foreign trade, efficient logistics are vitally important for industries, trade and consumers. Our remote location and long distances require efficient logistics processes based on digital solutions. Their compatibility is ensured by using international GS1 standards.
Benefits for the logistics industry
- better management of complex shipments with multiple transport stages and modes
- more detailed information about the location of shipments and their arrival
- real-time tracking of delivery such as containers, pallets and packages
- efficient batching of shipments to share in one drop
- increase in energy efficiency – higher filling rate and lower emissions.